About Me

My photo
Need to get in touch!!! click on complete profile and send me an E-Mail.

Quick Slideshow to save reading....

SVG's & GSD's for sale, just click on the Tag.....

Slideshow of designs for sale at Craftsuprint,click on Tag above..

Inkscape Cutting Design Forum

Inkscape Cutting Design Forum
Inkscape & Electronic Cutters

Paulo's Free Designs - SCALe-files blog in list........

Digital Cuttings...FREE SVG and GSD Files

Click here for direct blog link.

Friday 5 June 2009

Happy 50th Sonia...


I was asked to make a card for a young lady name Sonia who will be celebrating joining the Half Century Club, which I also celebrated in May 09. I soon realised that I would need to be very inventive with the available stock of card and paper that I have at the moment, when you find yourself recently unemployed you soon need too learn 'Craft Budgeting'.

It was decided after much consultation that I would make a Champagne Bottle Card, using the ever faithful Arty Farty Template. The main bottle base was made from my beloved 135gsm Black Mirri paper adhered to 100gsm black card and embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The bottle top was made from 100gsm Metallic Paper and embossed using Fiskars Grass Texture Plate, I also used this technique for the bottle neck label and main bottle label, my favorite Gold Glitter Paper and Peeloffs were used for the bottle embellishments.

The insert verse was printed on vellum and adhered to a Gold Mirri card and layered on the Black Mirri paper, I cut a Black Mirri Paper envelope on my digital cutter which was in turn embossed with the swiss dots folder for a personal hand written message. The back of the card was also embellished with an embossed black mirri swiss dots label, complete with a glitter cut number 50. The Card Bag was made using 1 A3 Gold Pearlescent card and finished with a Goldy/Bronze Organza Ribbon for the handles.

Click on the image for a larger view...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List